I’m posting my Monday meal just a little bit late this week.
This soup is so perfect for the chilly fall temperatures we’ve been having. It warms you right up. My favorite thing about this soup is that it is not heavy. You can eat three servings and not feel too full. This is probably due to ingredients like ginger and coconut milk.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pot. Add mushrooms, pepper, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chile paste and cook for another minute.
Add chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken to pot and cook 1 minute, or until heated through. Pour soup into bowls and garnish with green onion and cilantro.
This recipe of courtesy of Tessa from Handle the Heat. I hope you enjoy!